In July we confirmed UFB price changes by reference to CPI to take effect from today, 1 October 2021.
Due to the current COVID-19 lockdown restrictions impacting New Zealand, we made the decision that the billing implementation date for the new pricing will be 15 October 2021. The effective date for the price change remains 1 October 2021.
We are applying a CPI increase of 1.52% to all fibre services we provide under the Reference Offer from 1 October 2021, except:
- Fibre Max – We have been reducing the price point of our Fibre Max plans over the past few years and are holding the price at the current level.
- Small Business Fibre – In June 2020 we committed to holding the price of Small Business Fibre for 2 years. Given this, we are not applying any CPI adjustment to the price of this service from 1 October 2021.
- Consumer 200Mbps GPON plans - As part of simplifying the portfolio, we are matching the consumer 200Mbps price points to that of Fibre Max (i.e. $56.00). This is a reduction of between $0.38 and $10.63.
- Business 200Mbps GPON plans - We are matching the 200/200Mbps price point to the business Fibre Max price (i.e. $66.00). This is a reduction of $0.63 on the business 200/200Mbps plan. This is a change to the pricing only, not the service. Note – the pricing of the business 200/20Mbps and 200/100Mbps plans are increasing with CPI.
- Hyperfibre – Hyperfibre services have been available in all UFB1 areas nationwide since 12 October 2020. Given these products were only recently introduced to market, we are not applying any CPI adjustment to the price of these services from 1 October 2021.
- Chorus Relay Connect – Chorus Relay Connect was launched 4 May 2021. Given this is a new service we are not applying any CPI adjustment to the price from 1 October 2021.
- Chorus Data Connect – Chorus Data Connect was launched 4 May 2021. Given this is a new service we are not applying any CPI adjustment to the price from 1 October 2021.
- Mobile Access - We are not applying any CPI adjustment to the price from 1 October 2021.
- PONFAS – We are decreasing the PONFAS Residential and Business Distribution fibre price from $28.55 to $28.34.
You can check out the full price list for fibre services to which these price changes will be applied here. (Please login to access the price table).
You’ll find the updated rate cards and price changes under the ‘Price & Offers’ tab of each of the following products.
- Click here for business Hyperfibre pricing
- Click here for Small Business Fibre pricing
- Click here for NGA Evolve (Bitstream 2) pricing
- Click here for NGA Business (Bitstream 3) pricing
- Click here for Education pricing
- Click here for Home Hyperfibre pricing
- Click here for Home Fibre pricing
Chorus UFB Services Agreement
- Click here for Price List
- 1 October 2021 - The CPI price changes will be implemented from today
- 15 October 2021 - The billing implementation date for the new pricing.
Note: Service providers will have received their first invoices reflecting the CPI price changes in the 27 September billing cycle.
For any queries, please contact your Account Lead or Service Delivery Manager at first instance.