In this policy:
- "we" or "Chorus" means Chorus New Zealand Limited or any related Chorus Group company providing you with our services.
- "you" means you, the person using our services, or visiting our website or otherwise providing Chorus with information including personal information
- "services" means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website.
Other policies applying to our services
If you are just surfing and reading information on our website, then we collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using
- the date and time you are visiting
- the URLs of the pages you visit
- any address data you search for on our Broadband Capability Map
- if you provide it, your email address.
We use that information to measure the number of visitors to different parts of the site and, for example, to measure the effectiveness of advertising. Although we may publish aggregated information about usage patterns, we do not disclose information about individual machines except for the reasons set out below in this section. We do not sell information which identifies you personally. We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about security issues. Chorus and authorised third parties can monitor, review and audit access to our website and systems. If we think it is necessary, we can disclose information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs. If you choose to provide us with personal information such as your email address, for example by filling out an electronic query or order form, we will use the information only for the purposes that you authorised. Email marketing will only be sent to your email address if you have given your consent.
If you provide Chorus with any personal information as part of receiving our services or if you provide, post or publish personal information as part of entering our competitions, or in response to our promotional activity including, but not limited to where you provide, post or publish your:
- address or location
- telephone number
- anything posted by you on any platform for the purpose of any competition, in part or in its entirety
- any other content
we may collect and store that personal information. You may choose not to provide your personal information to us. If you do not provide certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with services and information
- enable third parties to provide you with information on our services
- provide you with information (including promotional material and news) where you agree to receive such information
- improve or update this website and our information and services
- enable us to run any competition or promotion
- communicate with you
- personalise this website to your preferences,
We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to other entities and business partners for the above purposes. We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
- for the purposes above
- if you have authorised us to do so
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others
- if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information.
Where you have opted-in to receive our newsletters and updates electronically, we may send them to you by text message, email or any other electronic means of communication.
Access and correction
You can access or request correction of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chorus' website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer. A "cookie" is a file which allows Chorus to track and target the interests of users. While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of the site, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. (The management of cookies will be different depending on each user's PC - refer to your browser help menu for further information).
Third party websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites from hyperlinks displayed on this website, you should review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide to those third parties may be collected, stored, used and disclosed.
If you are a Chorus customer, your Services Agreement applies to your use of Chorus services. The relevant Terms and Conditions set out our commitments to you regarding collecting, holding and using information about you.
Changing this policy
We may change this policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy. We will tell you about any changes by posting an updated policy on our website. Any change we make applies from the date we post it on the website.
If you have any questions about Chorus' online privacy just send us an email.