In May we provided a customer update outlining our proposal to adjust fibre pricing by reference to CPI and inviting RSPs to provide feedback. The consultation period closed on 2 June. Over the past few weeks, we have reviewed and considered the feedback received and are now confirming the action we will take.
Summary of feedback
Broadly the feedback focussed on the basis for a price change, not the changes proposed, and there was agreement that increased data usage will drive the need for ongoing investment across the supply chain. There was a view that our incentive programme was encouraging the up sell to higher speed plans and driving higher costs into RSPs. Taking the combined feedback into account, we have decided not to apply CPI to some plans including our Fibre Max plans where we will hold the current price points for both consumer ($56.00) and business ($66.00).
We are confirming that we are applying a CPI increase of 1.52% to all fibre services we provide under the Reference Offer with some exclusions. We will not be applying CPI to our Fibre Max plans and will hold the current price points for both consumer ($56.00) and business ($66.00). The full list of exclusions is listed below. We have also identified opportunities to simplify and streamline our product offering and are now confirming the changes below to take effect from 1 October 2021. You can check out the full price list for fibre services to which these price changes will be applied here. (Please login to access the price table)
We are applying a CPI increase of 1.52% to all fibre services we provide under the Reference Offer from 1 October 2021, except:
- Fibre Max – We have been reducing the price point of our Fibre Max plans over the past few years and will hold the price at the current level.
- Small Business Fibre – In June 2020 we committed to holding the price of Small Business Fibre for 2 years. Given this, we will not apply any CPI adjustment to the price of this service from 1 October 2021.
- Hyperfibre – Hyperfibre services have been available in all UFB1 areas nationwide since 12 October 2020. Given these products were only recently introduced to market, we will not apply any CPI adjustment to the price of these services from 1 October 2021.
- Chorus Relay Connect – Chorus Relay Connect was launched 4 May 2021. Given this is a new service we will not apply any CPI adjustment to the price from 1 October 2021.
- Chorus Data Connect – Chorus Data Connect was launched 4 May 2021. Given this is a new service we will not apply any CPI adjustment to the price from 1 October 2021.
- Mobile Access - We will not apply any CPI adjustment to the price from 1 October 2021.
- New services – Any new services launched by us after 19 May 2021; the date our consultation with you started. If we launch any of these types of services, we’ll provide appropriate pricing information related to those services at the time of launch.
We are also confirming the decrease for PONFAS Residential and Business Distribution fibre price from $28.55 to $28.34.
Changes to 200Mbps GPON plans
We are confirming changes to the pricing of some 200Mbps GPON plans, outlined below.
Currently our pricing for all consumer 200Mbps plans is higher than the consumer Fibre Max plan. As part of simplifying the portfolio, we will match the consumer 200Mbps price points to that of Fibre Max (i.e. $56.00). This is a reduction of between $0.38 and $10.63. This is a change to the pricing only, not the service.
The business grade 200/200Mbps plan is currently priced above the business Fibre Max plan. We will match the 200/200Mbps price point to the business Fibre Max price (i.e. $66.00). This is a reduction of $0.63 on the business 200/200Mbps plan. This is a change to the pricing only, not the service.
Note – the pricing of the business 200/20Mbps and 200/100Mbps plans will increase with CPI.
The pricing changes outlined above do not require any action or changes made by you.
We want to engage with you on options for how we could transition these 200Mbps customers to Fibre Max in future. The consultation period opens today and will run until COB Thursday 29 July.
This is formal notice of the UFB price changes, which will take effect from 1 October 2021.
To kick start our consultation about the process to transition the 200Mbps GPON customers, we will host a zoom session on Wednesday 14 July AM. This will be approximately 2 hours and is open for all RSPs. If you would like to attend, please email Roxinne McCord by COB Monday 12 July.
For any queries, please contact Roxinne McCord in the first instance.