Quite simply, fibre is the best broadband connection available on the Chorus network. Our NGA Bitstream 2 product gives your customers a dedicated, fast and consistently reliable connection so everyone can watch, listen, play, post and chat without interruption or slowing down.
It isn’t just about doing one thing online much faster. It’s about everyone being able to go online and do everything they want to do, all at the same time.
As video conferencing and working from home fast becomes the norm and we continue to consume web-based content (video-on-demand), the demand for broadband bandwidth will increase - the average data usage per household is now 500GB per month. The way Kiwi’s live and work is changing and we have worked hard to ensure our plans reflect this.
In December 2021 we boosted speeds of the 100/20 Consumer plan to 300/100 in recognition that, for many households, 100Mbps was simply not enough. However, whilst this might be the case for the majority, we know there are many households throughout New Zealand with low discretionary income who would sacrifice speed for affordable, reliable broadband. That’s why on 1 April 2022 we launched our Home Fibre Starter proposition, providing 50/10 speeds at our cheapest price ever (when adjusted for inflation and the RSP prices below our Retail Price Ceiling). More Kiwis than ever before can now enjoy the benefits of fibre with a plan that is right for them.
More information can be found here.
All a genius needs is opportunity - that's why we built the Chorus fibre network. Discover our high-speed innovators in the video below.
Benefits to retail service providers
- Speed: download ranges from 50Mbps to 950Mbps (upload 10Mbps to 500Mbps) and is available at various price points allowing you to control your costs.
- Satisfaction: high level of consumer satisfaction and awareness with low network maintenance and less faults.
Benefits to consumers
- Fastest speeds: the faster your connection, the more you can do and the less time it takes from downloading movies to uploading images, browsing web pages and streaming sports.
- Capacity: dedicated capacity for multiple devices to watch, listen, play, post, work, and chat all at the same time, without any loss of quality.
- Reliability: fibre provides a great experience with consistent speeds and no buffering even at the busiest time of day.
- Coverage: fibre is available nationwide. Please refer to our broadband map.
- Congestion free: Chorus actively monitors the utilisation of this shared network and proactively augments capacity to ensure it is congestion free.