The NGA Tail Extension Service (TES) is an ancillary service that allows you to aggregate UFB Bitstream services from multiple UFB candidate areas on a single UFB handover connection service.
Launching in March 2020 our NGA national tail extension service enables you to expand your business nationwide quickly – expanding into areas where you might not already have a presence or reduce operating costs by closing down underutilised Points of Presence (PoP).
We will aggregate your UFB Bitstream services from multiple UFB coverage areas on a single UFB handover connection.
Currently, without TES you must have a UFB handover connection at 27 points of interconnection to provide service nationally. With NGA Tail Extension you can do it with one.
National Tail Extension explained simply
Benefits to retail service providers
- Expand into new coverage areas with no requirement to purchase additional handovers or set up costly infrastructure, even servicing those smaller more remote areas.
- Reduce operating cost by reducing transport services between UFB candidate areas as you can map all your NGA services to a single handover anywhere in New Zealand.
- Simplified pricing structure with charges per subscriber, 3 easy price steps: regional, national same island and national different island.
- Redundancy with redundant links provided between the Local POI and the Handover POI.
- Reduced set up costs: minimise infrastructural setup costs within smaller and more remote coverage areas.
- Support competition: this service encourages NGA take-up in smaller and more remote NGA coverage areas, by supporting competition in these areas, and lowering the barriers to entry for smaller and secondary service providers.