On 14 August 2018 we announced we were seeking your feedback on what new offers for 2019 might best deliver to your portfolio needs to ensure kiwis have the best broadband experience. Some service providers have also told us they were concerned about the lack of consultation when we announced the Fibre 100/20 plan price increase to $45 from 1 July 2018.
Taking into account the feedback you’ve provided to us on new offers for 2019, and the concerns about the Fibre 100/20 plan price increase, we’ve decided to extend the term of the Chorus Connect Offer to 31 March 2019. We’ve also decided to offer an additional bonus credit under the Chorus Connect Offer from 1 January 2019.
What are the key terms of the Chorus Connect Offer?
You will continue to receive a credit for each new connection, upgrade, transfer with an upgrade and fibre intact with every order you submit which meets the criteria. You’ll find the revised Chorus Connect Offer letter under our resources section.
The key criteria for the extended Chorus Connect Offer include:
- Orders received within the offer period (which ends on 31 March 2019) will be eligible and paid on service given.
- Connections must be service given by 30 September 2019.
- New connections to a Bitstream 2 and Bitstream 3/3a may receive up to $200 credit contribution.
- Upgrades, transfers with an upgrade, and intact addresses may receive up to $150 credit contribution.
- Eligible connections must meet the offer criteria that is detailed in the offer letter.
- A pro rata repayment period of up to 12 months from the date of service given will apply for disconnections or downgrades.
- Support is available when required to upgrade customers to fibre connections or a higher bandwidth plan.
- Please note as BAU any fibre upgrades to higher value plans do not incur the $1.98 charge.
We’ve also launched some new initiatives under our Market Development Fund. One of these initiatives could provide you with financial support to promote fibre in conjunction with this extended offer.
How will the additional bonus credit work?
We are introducing an additional bonus credit payable of $50 for all new fibre connections, including fibre plans with speeds from 30/10 where orders for those connections are placed between 1 January 2019 and 31 March 2019, and service is given by 30 September 2019. This additional bonus credit will be paid in addition to the existing credits payable under the Chorus Connect Offer.
We will not withdraw the Chorus Connect Offer or the additional bonus credit, or further restrict the scope of the Chorus Connect Offer or the additional bonus credit, during this period. However, we may require you to repay the full amount of the additional bonus credit if a qualifying connection:
- Downgrades to an alternative broadband connection on our network; or
- Disconnects from our network at any time during the first 30 days after the date of service given and remains downgraded or disconnected for at least 30 days
Taking advantage of the expanded Chorus Connect Offer
For those of you who have already signed up to the Chorus Connect Offer, you don’t need to do anything to enjoy the benefits of the expanded Chorus Connect Offer, including the additional bonus credit.
If you haven’t yet signed up previously, but would like to participate in the expanded Chorus Connect Offer and the additional bonus credit, you’ll now have another opportunity to do so. You’ll find the revised Chorus Connect Offer letter under our resources section. You’ll need to sign and return the Offer Letter by 31 January 2019 to be eligible. If you have any queries regarding the offer or wish to sign up, please contact your account manager.
Please note that if you choose to enjoy the extension of the Chorus Connect Offer and the additional bonus credit, you’ll be deemed to have:
- Accepted that the price for the Fibre 100/20 plan from 1 July 2018 is $45, and
- Waived any legal right to challenge this price increase at any time in the future.
If you don’t want to take advantage of the extension of the Chorus Connect Offer and the additional bonus credit, you’ll need to opt-out by contacting your account lead as soon as possible, and by 31 January 2019 at the latest.
You aren’t able to elect to opt out of the additional bonus credit and still take advantage of the remainder of the expanded Chorus Connect Offer for the extended offer period. The extension and additional bonus credit are a package arrangement.