We committed to making Fibre-in-a-day our standard installation process by mid-2019 and are accelerating the move to a better installation experience for your customers from 5 November 2018.
A critical step to making this move a success, is working with you to understand what the change to a single install appointment means for your customers, processes, systems and front-office.
Setting the right install experience for your customers is vital. Over the next three months, we will help you plan for the move with joint workshops and readiness testing. In addition, we’ll run small scale operational trials to test our processes ahead of the phased transition. We’ll let you know likely areas, timings and size once we’ve completed trial designs.
High level delivery plan:
- August to October: working with you to support a change to customer experience
- Phase 1 – 5 November: Fibre-in-a-day becomes available for all your Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs) and Rights of Way (RoWs) residential customers [where communal fibre infrastructure has been already built]
- Phase 2 – 30 November: Fibre-in-a-day becomes available to some of your residential aerial customers and some regions (more details to follow)
- By mid-2019: implement B2B and Chorus Portal system changes
- Phase 3 - from mid-2019 (date will be confirmed): your remaining residential customers receive Fibre-in-a-day installations.
Phases 1 and 2 are ‘simple’ premises that can be released by only presenting one appointment via the Chorus Portal or Portal B2B. This means you will not see any new fields within our systems for these stages. We will work with you before the change is made to understand what this means for customer experience.
Phase 3 will see the remaining premises released as Fibre-in-a-day.
This will require system changes so we can help you set specific install expectations with your customers. We’re still framing these changes up and will provide more information when it is available.
- Fibre-in-a-day slides from the 29 June Industry Dialogue
- Interview of Kayn Miller, Fibre Connect Work Stream Lead, Transformation
We want to work with you and understand what this change means for customer experience.
Please contact your Account team to find out more about this planned change and how we can support you.