Chorus Data Centre Connect provides a simple, reliable and high-speed, DCI solution for data centers to interconnect with each other via Chorus’ extensive network.
Launching 5 May 2021, Chorus Data Centre Connect brings our network closer to you with installation of high-performance optical transport equipment inside data centres. You can purchase either a 10G or 100G connection to take the traffic back to a designated Chorus exchange and onto your nominated footprints. This is an essential building block to creating a complete DCI solution.
Chorus Data Centre Connect is available at:
|DATACENTRE_CODE||DATACENTRE_NAME||Data Centre||Deployment Date|
|DTSUH||DTS Upper Hutt||DTS Upper Hutt||May 2021|
|DTSAT||AT&T Tower Wellington DTS POI||AT&T Tower Wellington DTS POI||May 2021|
|DC220||Data Centre 220 Auckland||Data Centre 220 Auckland||May 2021|
|DOMNS||Datacom Orbit Auckland||Datacom Orbit Auckland||May 2021|
|DOMHA||Datacom Kapua Hamilton||Datacom Kapua Hamilton||May 2021|
|DOMWL||Datacom Abel Smith Wellington||Datacom Abel Smith Wellington||Mid - Late 2021|
|DOMCH||Datacom Gloucester Christchurch||Datacom Gloucester Christchurch||Mid - Late 2021|
Please note that additional detail and resources will be added to this site over the coming weeks in advance of our launch on 5 May 2021. Deployment date is ETA only.
Benefits for data centres
- Quick and easy connection: Chorus pre-installs the node; you come and connect; we configure the connection for you resulting in reduced provisioning lead time.
- Low overheads: We take care of the equipment and maintenance costs; you pay per connection.
- Protection: Diversity path is carefully designed and built in advance to ensure maximum protection is provided.
- Flexibility: We can get you to anywhere on the Chorus fibre network.
- Certainty: We have Chorus equipment in the data centres, so adding more links as you grow is a breeze.