With our ‘Mix It Up’ offer now one year into market, we’d like to get your feedback on how we might amend this offer, and introduce new opportunities, to best help you help kiwis access New Zealand’s best broadband experience. Consultation starts now, and feedback is sought until 24 July 2020.
Proposed changes to our Fibre ‘Mix It Up’ offer
It’s important our offers work for the RSP community, to help us achieve this, we would like your feedback on our proposed amendments to Mix It Up.
We are proposing to make two amendments to the current Mix It Up offer:
- Introduce a Bonus Credit to the ‘Connect to 100M+’ incentive starting sometime after 1 September 2020 and ending before 1 November 2020, that focuses on late adoption areas and offnet addresses; and
- Extend Mix It Up to 30 June 2021 with some amendments.
Any customers who have not signed up will have the opportunity to do so, to take part in this extension (1 October to 30 June 2021) including any bonus credit months.
While we intend to keep the current format of the Fibre ‘Mix it up’ offer (i.e. you earn credits if you meet eligibility thresholds for both 100M+ and Gig plans), we’re proposing a few key changes to the terms of the offer.
Introduce Bonus Credit to Connect to 100M+ incentive:
Customers who are signed up to the Mix It Up offer and have met the 100M+ threshold who convert a selected address (from our targeted list) will be eligible for additional credit of;
- up to $300 where an address has been offnet for 3 months or more, or
- up to $50 where an address has an active copper connection where an inactive ONT exists or requires first time install.
Extend our offer to 30 June 2021 with amendments on both incentives:
- Threshold to increase to 85%,
- Credits of up to $650 may be available for selected Offnet addresses for a specified bonus period within this incentive.
- Get to Gig:
- Introducing new credits for Hyperfibre Home from 1 October 2020,
- Reducing the number of credit tiers from three to two,
- Lower tier starts from 20% and next tier at 40%,
- Credits up to $100, adjusted to reflect change in thresholds.
Introduce Chorus led initiatives in partnership with broadbandcompare.co.nz
Alongside Mix it Up, we would also like to trial a new approach working in partnership with you and Broadband Compare. Chorus will provide a ‘Get 6 months free broadband’ offer to targeted offnet addresses and direct them to broadbandcompare.co.nz. The offer will be made available to these targeted addresses only on a webpage and will require participating RSPs to support the offer of 6 months free broadband to connect the customer. Once connected Chorus will provide up to $250 credit to these eligible addresses. This credit is additional to our current Mix It Up offer, but those addresses wouldn’t be eligible for the bonus credits mentioned above. To participate you will need to express interest and agree to our Chorus Free Fibre Offer final terms.
For more information on these proposed amendments please refer to our consultation pack here.
Disclaimer: These proposed offers, including the indicative financial incentives identified, remain under development and is still in the consultation phase. In addition, it remains subject to internal approval processes. We can’t guarantee the details of the proposed offer will be reflected in the terms of final offer without amendment. The final offer we choose to launch in due course may differ (sometimes significantly) from this proposal.
We would like your feedback on these two amendments by 24 July 2020, please contact your Account Lead to discuss further. We will be looking at all feedback, accessing the level of interest these amendments may generate and how you intend to maximise these new credits as opportunities, which will ultimately determine the outcome of the final offer.